CEAMURLIA DE JOS


ceamurlia de jos 1.jpgThe village is placed on the Ceamurlia Lake’s shore A Golovita Lake’s gulf. Its name is of Turkish origins (camur=mud) and is translated by muddy or swampy Maybe because of the acvatic area from around the village. The history of the village is very old  in its surroundings were discovered important proves of Hamagia culture as well as a menhir-statue a tomb of Indo-European shepherds from the beginning of the bronze era. At the beginning of the XIXth century Bulgarians and siromanian Turkish families established here. Lahovari Dictionary mentions a population of 712 persons almost entirely Bulgarians. As in other villages Bulgarian migrated south after 1940 being replaced by Romanians and Romanians. The village’s church dates from 1860 the school from 1883 and the city hall from 1882. Inhabitants: 1258 in 2002 from whom 35 aromanians and the rest of them Romanians.

ceamurlia de jos 2.jpg